About Our Church
We’re a vibrant growing church on Brisbane’s northside that’s built on values of loving community and clear, Christ centered bible teaching. We’re keen to welcome you on any Sunday – we’ve got plenty of activities for kids, and our services are easy to understand and be part of, even if you don’t have any church background.
About our style and approach
While our church services are diverse in style, they’ll all have certain features in common. We want to be a church where you can easily and comfortably invite your friends along to hear the bible taught in a way that is clear, and focused on Jesus Christ. Here are some of the things we’re working on…
- We try to avoid (or explain) jargon.
- We try to put people at ease, even if they’ve never been to church before.
- We try to avoid embarrassing people when we take up our weekly collection, by making clear that we don’t expect guests to contribute financially.
- We try to remember that newcomers are likely to be with us every week, so we do our best not to make “in” references to people or places or events, as if everyone knows what’s going on.
- We try to avoid overt gushiness, over-sentimentalism, acting like we’ve got it all together, and pretend piety; we’re ordinary, open people who follow Jesus.
Sometimes we don’t do too well at these things, but we’re working on it. In fact, you might like to take a look at our “training manual” for people involved in leading our services. It’s online here. The article “Being Clear,” by Phil Campbell, is also online. Check out all the articles here.