In these tutorials, I explain how to add a new sermon to the WordPress site. This requires someone (usually Bob) to have added the transcript, MP3, and e-reader files into the html page (http://media.mpc.org.au/resources/resources17.html).
To add a new sermon series:
- Login to wordpress for the MPC site.
- Go to Sermons > Sermon Series on the left hand side menu.
- Type in the series name
- Use the format “series name | year”
- e.g. “A New Hope | 2017”
- Don’t include quotation marks of course
- Type in the slug name
- The slug name is the URL name of the sermon page
- Use the format “year-seriesX-seriesTitle”, where the sermon title is lowercaps, no spaces
- e.g. “2017-series1-anewhope
- Because the series are alphabetically ordered by the slug titles, using this naming convention will keep the series in order on the teaching page, and it will display the most recent series at the top
- Click “Add new sermon series”
- You’ll see the sermon series on the right now, but it won’t have a cover image.
- Hit the “+” symbol below the series box (it will be a grey image with a “?” before you have uploaded a new image) and either upload a new image or browse the media library for an existing image.
- Once you find the image you wish to use, click “show” on the right and scroll down until you see “associate with X”, where X is your sermon series
If no image is associated with the sermon series, sermons associated with that sermon series will not appear on the teaching page.